Podi Dosa

My kids love dosa, I try different kind of topping or filling on dosa. My kids love to have cheese or chocolate the most. Not only on dosa, cheese and chocolate flavors taste good on the original crepes ( wheat flour, sugar and egg batter) too. 

For final day of week 2 under the theme " Crepes for all", my dish for the day is Podi Dosa.   South Indians make a variety of podi to go with idly and dosa. Not only idly podi, you can also use coriander podi, curry leaf podi, coconut podi etc...Here goes the recipe........




Ingredients:


Dosa batter 1 cup
Idly podi 1/4 cup
Finely chopped onions 1/2 cup
Finely chopped  coriander leaves
Oil

 For dosa Batter:

Udad dal 1 cup
Raw rice 2 1/2 cups
Chana dal 1/2 cup
Pressed rice 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds 10


Preparation:


Wash and soak all the ingredients under Dosa batter for 8 hrs or over night.
Wash again and grind to smooth paste.
Let ferment for 8 to 10 hours depending on the season.
Summers take less time to ferment.



Heat non stick pan and add a big scoop of dosa batter and spread around to make a round shape.
Sprinkle some idly podi and onions all over the dosa.
Add some oil and let cook till dosa leaves edges.
Now sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves.
Fold and transfer to serving plate.
Serve hot with any chutney and sambar.



Check to see what my fellow bloggers are cooking for Blogging Marathon 82.



9 comments:

Srivalli said...

Podi Dosa is my favorite one too..very nicely done Sushma..

vaishali sabnani said...

Loved your Dosa variations . The podi Dosa looks nice and tempting .

Harini R said...

Good one. Instead of idli podi I sprinkle putnala podi and it is a favorite at home.

cookingwithsapana said...

I have to try this podi dosa as it looks absolutely delicious.

Sowmya :) said...

That podi dosa has turned out so fabulous. Want to grab one right away!

Srividhya said...

Super crispy and this podi dosa is my absolute favorite. Awesome.

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, this podi dosa is calling me, how delicious and alluring its looks, you are tempting me Sushma.

Sharmila kingsly said...

One of my fav dosa to have anytime..

veena said...

I love podi dosa. This looks so good